Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George T[_2_] George T[_2_] is offline

Default Spewing temporary files

I have a user who mysteriously generates many temp files that do not close.
They are often of the name variety:
~filename.doc
and of the WRL variety but also others.

I don't think she is crashing that often, there is some other process at work.

1) How do I replicate this behavior? How do you create and keep open so
many temp files and temp file versions of the same doc?

2) How can I prevent it--it plays havoc with the behavior of Word for other
users who have to work on files ever used with the mystery user.

Her app is Word 2007 but she did the same thing when she was using Word 2003
(even more so) so it is independent of the app version.

I think I have turned off all SQL and sharing functions to minimize risk of
problems. But it still causes her and other people to lock up when using
Word 2007.

I have replaced her computer entirely and installed Office 2007 fresh on
the new system just to satisfy a demand that I prove the defect was not the
fault of a particular computer or MS-office installation.

How is she doing this? Does anybody know? Is it a function of keeping to
many Word docs open at once?

Temporary Files melizabeth New Users 1 July 25th 08 05:17 PM
Temporary ~WRL files MamaGrubb Microsoft Word Help 4 December 29th 07 06:44 PM
Temporary files Joanb Microsoft Word Help 2 October 16th 07 06:02 AM
Temporary files: Beverly New Users 2 April 21st 06 10:52 AM
Temporary FIles kimjs97 New Users 2 March 19th 06 07:28 PM