Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Paul Hammond[_2_] Paul Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Merging Graphic - SIZE problem

I thought I had this problem solved years ago. I am merging pictures using
the Included Picture method, e.g. { INCLUDEPICTURE "c:\\myimages\\{
MERGEFIELD logo}" }

I received a new logo to replace an earlier one, but it will not size
properly. All the pictures (bmp) up till now have displayed approximately
the same size, despite have a variety of dimensions. In this case the older
bitmap is 1000 x 100, but dispays in word about 2" x 1/2 inch) . but the new
bitmap is 357 x 61, but displays in word 5" x 1". I've tried putting this
in a cell of a table, but I just can't get it to behave. I have another bmp
that is 1436 x 328 pixels, but again displays at about 2.5 X 1/2 inch.

I just can't figure out what makes this one bmp different from the rest.

Thanks for listening patiently.

Paul