Simon

Default Can it be done: bullet points HALF-WAY through a line??

Hi all,

Going nuts right now. I'd really like to put a bullet point list starting
half way through a line of text, but can't figure out how to do it.

For example:

2002-2003 --- Queen's award for export achievement

.... where the --- represents the start of the bullet point list. i.e. I'd
like to have some text to the left of the bullet point, *without* using
columns or tables (sadly, this would mess up the formatting for the whole
rest of the document)

Is the bullet point strictly a paragraph-level entity? of course, this is
possible:

2002-2003
--- Queen's award for export achievement

.... but is is possible to have the date and then bullet point on the same
line?

I've tried looking around Microsoft Word, and usually I'm pretty good with
it, but this time it's just not working.

Many thanks for your time!

Regards

Simon

Jonathan West

Hi Simon

Create a 2-column table. Format the text in the second column with bullets.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

"Simon" wrote in message
news
[...]

Automatic bullets can only be applied at the beginning of a paragraph, but
there's no reason you can't insert a bullet manually as a font character
(Insert | Symbol). Set your indents and tab stops as required for this
layout (hanging indent where you want "Queen's award..." to start, tab stop
where the bullet goes), then type the date, Tab once, insert your bullet,
Tab again, and start typing.

"Simon" wrote in message
[...]

Simon

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply (both Jonathan West and
yourself)!

Hope you have a great day!

thanks
Simon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Automatic bullets can only be applied at the beginning of a paragraph, but
there's no reason you can't insert a bullet manually as a font character
(Insert | Symbol). Set your indents and tab stops as required for this
layout (hanging indent where you want "Queen's award..." to start, tab

stop
where the bullet goes), then type the date, Tab once, insert your bullet,
Tab again, and start typing.

so
all may benefit.