Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike

Default Where is the E-mail Signature button (Word 2003)

In Word 2000 there was a button on the button bar that allowed you to insert
your signature. If you had more than one you could choose. I read the
response to basically the same question and it appears as if my suspicions
were correct. The "New and improved" version of Word 2003 took something that
was very simple to use and easy to get to and convoluted it to the point of
making it almost useless. Oh yeah, I can click on the Options button, choose
E-mail Signatures, choose the signature I wish to use and then copy and paste
it to my email but that is ridiculous. I don't use a signature on all of my
emails and I shouldn't have to. Gimme a button and if I want to use it I can.
It worked great before! Good going guys!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

If you are using Word as your e-mail editor, you can create an optional
signature by using AutoText. Type out the full signature, select all the
words, and click the AutoText icon (or select Tools-AutoCorrect options).
Use the AutoCorrect tab. the signature you created should appear in the
"With" box. Create a shortcut, such as "sig" and enter it in the "Replace"
box. (Do not use any real word).

Then, when you type the letters "sig" and hit the space bar, the complete
signature will appear.

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

If you are using Outlook for e-mail you can set up signatures in Tools,
Options, Mail Format. You can select which of several signatures you want
as a default. To change to another signature in a message simply right
click over the signature and a menu with your other signatures will pop up.
(You can get pretty fancy and create these signatures in Word using more
formatting options, but it can get pretty complicated!)