Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tacosix tacosix is offline

Default Using Word 2007

While entering text in a word document on my laptop, several lines of text
were accidentally deleted (palm brushing over mouse pad?). I looked in the
toolbars and could not locate "undo delete."

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:00:02 -0700, tacosix wrote:

While entering text in a word document on my laptop, several lines of text
were accidentally deleted (palm brushing over mouse pad?). I looked in the
toolbars and could not locate "undo delete."

Can anyone help?

The Undo button and pull-down arrow (Undo history) are located on the Quick
Access Toolbar, to the right of the Office button and Save icon.
--
Cheers
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tacosix tacosix is offline

Suzanne,

Thanks for the site reference. I'm just brand new to Vista and Office 2007.
Getting out of the comfort zone of XP.

Tacosix

"tacosix" wrote in message
While entering text in a word document on my laptop, several lines of text
were accidentally deleted (palm brushing over mouse pad?). I looked in

the
toolbars and could not locate "undo delete."

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tacosix tacosix is offline

Another question for you Robert regarding compatibility of word 2007 with
2003. Does the receiving party have to get the compatibility tool from the
Microsoft site or can I make my version compatible with 2003?

"Robert" wrote:

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:00:02 -0700, tacosix wrote:

While entering text in a word document on my laptop, several lines of text
were accidentally deleted (palm brushing over mouse pad?). I looked in the
toolbars and could not locate "undo delete."

Can anyone help?

The Undo button and pull-down arrow (Undo history) are located on the Quick
Access Toolbar, to the right of the Office button and Save icon.
--
Cheers
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm not Robert but I happened to be around. ;-)

Either the receiving party needs the compatibility pack or you can save you
files in the Word 97-2003 file format. Click the Microsoft Office Button,
point to Save As and you'll see the Word 97-2003 file type. This is also
available in the Save As dialog box, under the Save As type list.

Also note when you use the Word 97-2003 file type, Word 2007 will use
Compatibility Mode (indicated in the title bar) which will disable features
not compatible with previous versions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"tacosix" wrote in message
Another question for you Robert regarding compatibility of word 2007 with
2003. Does the receiving party have to get the compatibility tool from
the
Microsoft site or can I make my version compatible with 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tacosix tacosix is offline

Thanks Beth.

How do I post to the newsgroup. New Thread???

"tacosix" wrote in message
Another question for you Robert regarding compatibility of word 2007 with
2003. Does the receiving party have to get the compatibility tool from
the
Microsoft site or can I make my version compatible with 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. :-)

Regarding your question, I think you're referring to my standard signature?
"Please post all follow-up questions to the newsgroup. Requests for
assistance by email can not be acknowledged." If that's the case, it's on
all of my posts and wasn't directed at you. The portal you are using to
access the newsgroups is only one method you can use. You can also access
the newsgroups using several web sites and various newsreaders . For example
I use Outlook Express. Others have Reply or Reply to Group options. My
standard signature is a reminder to use the Reply to Group option instead of
direct email. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"tacosix" wrote in message
Thanks Beth.

How do I post to the newsgroup. New Thread???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sorry, I missed that you were using Word 2007 and actually couldn't find
Undo at all. As Summer pointed out, Ctrl+Z will Undo, and Robert has pointed
you to the location of the Undo button, so you should be in business.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Undo in general should have helped. You could have overwritten the text

if
it had inadvertently become selected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"tacosix" wrote in message
While entering text in a word document on my laptop, several lines of

text
were accidentally deleted (palm brushing over mouse pad?). I looked

in
the
toolbars and could not locate "undo delete."

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you click on the Pizza Button at the top left of the screen and select
Options from the bottom border of the dialog that appears and then select
the Customize item, in the Popular Commands, you will find an Undo button
that you can add to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP