Maintaining List Numbering When Copy & Pasting in Word 2010

Old July 6th 15, 08:15 PM
Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Question Maintaining List Numbering When Copy & Pasting in Word 2010

I am copying a two column numbered list. Both columns / rows are numbered 1-20. If I copy and paste the list within the same document, it continues the number 21-40. I would like to keep the numbering 1-20 when I copy it within the same document. Of course, I can right click on the 21 and say restart to 1, but is there any way I can copy and paste and retain the numbered list, without having to restart each time I paste the list?

Thank you for your help.

DR
Old July 6th 15, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Default Maintaining List Numbering When Copy & Pasting in Word 2010

Do you want the numbering to remain live, meaning you want Word to be able to
renumber the list if you insert something, or are those the final numbers?

If the latter, you could use "Convert to static text" (though I don't know
where to find that in W2010; right-clicking might find it).

Old July 22nd 15, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

If you do this occasionally, and you want to keep the numbering "live," you
can continue to use the manual restart that you have already found.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news