MS Word 2003 file corupted after an unexpected shut down

Old September 30th 15, 07:33 AM
harmy harmy is offline

Default MS Word 2003 file corupted after an unexpected shut down

Hello!
I have an annoying problem. The power broke down while I was editing a Word file. At the restart I noticed that the file was corrupted. I recovered two versions of the same document, one with signs something like this:

Q ? ? bjbjqPqP ?? 4? ?:? ?:? QS? YY? YY? YY? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? F? F? F? F? R? ? ?? j? j? j? j? j? j? j? j? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? $ ?? h? y? B? ? ? ? j? j? j? j? j? ? ? ? j? j? ? ? j? j? j? j? ? j? ? j? ? j?

and another with blank spaces, that I suspect to be signs. Also, the file was converted to .doc from after it was initially .rtf . Does anybody know any quick solution to recover my text?

Thanks
Old October 12th 15, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Are you sure that you are looking in the correct location? A crash
wouldn't change the file type. After you have find the *.rtf file, see
if you can open it with Open and Repair.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2015-09-30 08:33, harmy wrote:
Hello!
I have an annoying problem. The power broke down while I was editing a
Word file. At the restart I noticed that the file was corrupted. I
recovered two versions of the same document, one with signs something
like this:

Q ¢? ? bjbjqPqP ?? 4ª? ?:? ?:? QS? YY? YY? YY? ¤ ê? ê? ê? ê? ê? ê? ê? ?
þ? F? F? F? F? R? þ? ?? ö j? j? j? j? j? j? j? j? š? ? œ? œ? œ? œ? œ? œ?
$ ?? h? y? B? À? ? ê? j? j? j? j? j? À? ê? ê? j? j? Õ? ? j? j? j? j? ê?
j? ê? j? š? j?