section issue

Old September 18th 15, 12:11 PM
dor_per dor_per is offline

Unhappy section issue

can anyone tell me why word changes my previous section to odd or even and ruins my format when i am entering a new one with next page setting?
this thing is driving me crazy!!!!!
Old September 18th 15, 02:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Default section issue

When formatting sections, you pretty much have to go to the very beginning of
the document and run through the sections in order being sure that "same as
previous" is turned on or off on each different page of the section (first,
odd, even, if you have all three) in both headers and footers.

If you add a Section Break at the very end of the document and check all those
things immediately, you might not have problems with it.

Old September 19th 15, 12:38 PM
dor_per dor_per is offline

Unhappy

you mean "link with previous" at headers and footers?
i have deactivated it at all pages, but when i insert one at a section, next page for example, it keeps turning it to odd....
Old September 19th 15, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Please don't delete previous discussion.

That suggests that "Different Odd and Even" is checked. It, too, is inherited
from the previous Section when you put a Section Break at the end of a document.

Old September 20th 15, 09:18 AM
dor_per dor_per is offline

Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Please don't delete previous discussion.

That suggests that "Different Odd and Even" is checked. It, too, is inherited
from the previous Section when you put a Section Break at the end of a document.

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 9:31:02 AM UTC-4, dor_per wrote:
you mean "link with previous" at headers and footers?
i have deactivated it at all pages, but when i insert one at a section,
yes i need them to be different, but client inserted some breaks that i need different, but i cant have, doesn't page layout shouls follow my order and change the section i want to next page for example and unchecked the different first page? word doesn't seem to follow common sence after translation, do you know why i don't seem to be able to insert section break that i need? what pusses it to change from "next" to "odd"?
Old September 20th 15, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Oh, you're not talking about handling pages within sections, but about the
different kinds of Section Break.

You probably have a lot of Section Breaks in your document because you
experimented.

The way to see them is to change to Draft View. You can then Select and
Delete the ones you don't want.

--
dor_per

Old October 12th 15, 11:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Are you restarting page numbering to 1 for your new section? In that
case, Word often forces the section start onto the following odd page.
This may also happen when "Different odd and even" is selected for
headers and footers in Page Setup.

As Peter suggested, you should look at the document in Draft view and
figure out if you have excessive section breaks.

For "everything" on sections in Word, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thsections.htm.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2015-09-18 13:11, dor_per wrote:
can anyone tell me why word changes my previous section to odd or even
and ruins my format when i am entering a new one with next page
setting?
this thing is driving me crazy!!!!!

Issue with Section Odd Break and Pagination Restart saravananiyyanar About this forum 11 May 18th 19 02:19 PM
Section Break issue charles New Users 1 March 3rd 10 10:46 PM
2nd last section issue Shanx Page Layout 1 October 29th 09 02:24 PM
Section Break Issue Carrot Top Page Layout 1 April 30th 09 09:05 AM
Section Sign symbol issue Douglas Claussen New Users 0 September 24th 07 06:41 PM