Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhil[_2_] Akhil[_2_] is offline

Default Change "Standard Colors" palette default colors in MS Word 2007 an

Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette. Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I would suggest you don't change the standard pallete (not even sure if this
can be done easily anyway) because if any document constructed with a changed
pallete that is sent to anyone else will probably change colour back to the
colours set in the standard pallete.
Some years ago someone in my company changed the pallete in PowerPoint
corporate template, then the template pallete was returned back to "standard"
and we are now constantly hitting problems with old files that White text
changes to Black, not good when the "changed" orange text box background also
returns to black, etc., etc.
Word (and PowerPoint) only registers the cell in the pallete that has been
used, for say Font, and if the pallete has a different colour Word just shows
that colour that is in that pallete cell.
Serious consideration is required before any such exercise is under taken,
especially if any documents are sent external to your company/person.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Akhil" wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette. Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhil[_2_] Akhil[_2_] is offline

Default Change "Standard Colors" palette default colors in MS Word 200

Thanks Dean for your response,

So if that can cause such problem is there any workaroud.

My requirement is that some colors should be available for me as a palette,
i tried making those colors as recent colors and saved as template. But when
i used the template on a new file those colors just vanished. The theme color
also doesnt solve my problem cos there are some set of custom themes i should
not change the colors of that themes but those color i wish to appear should
be there.

If there is any way that solve my propblem please reply. Also if there is
someone know how to change the "Standard Colors" color please reply so that
i can play around with it for some time.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

"Akhil" wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette. Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I'm afraid you can't do this.

There is a way to add fixed custom colours to a theme, which may help, but
they don't show up consistently in all interfaces so are not ideal (see
http://www.echosvoice.com/2007/customcolors1.htm for more details).

Other than that, Peter's suggestion of setting the colours you want in
Styles is about the best option.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Akhil" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user
could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette.
Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhil[_2_] Akhil[_2_] is offline

Thanks Peter for the help,

What you ment by Character style is the themes rit???

if yes then it will not work, if no then does this changes the existing
Design Themes for powerpoint??

i also tried wat Tony said-- by adddin a sub item for the color palette by
editing the theme1.xml in the theme (thmx) file. That idea was very suitable
for me but that dosnt work in Word. When i create a new Autoshape in word the
fill color option doesnt have that added colors, but for chart formating
those colors were available. Also this is working fine in both Excel and
PowerPoint only problem is with Word.

Do you know why its going wrong in Word??

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

"Akhil" wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette. Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil-

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhil[_2_] Akhil[_2_] is offline

Great reply Tony,

This is what exactly im looking for.. Thanks...

But this doesnt seems to work in Word but works fine in Excel and PowerPoint.

If i insert an Autoshape and go to the Format ribbon - fill color option
that color doesnt appear. But when i right click and choose Format Autoshape
option then those colors are availabel in the Format Autoshape window.

If i insert a chart and go to the Format ribbon - fill color option those
colors are available

Is this a bug of MS Word or its expected behaviour...??

If this problem is rectified then that would be great..

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

"Akhil" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user
could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette.
Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the "Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Unfortunately, as I said, they don't show up consistently in all interfaces.
As nothing is documented, it is difficult to know what is and isn't a bug,
and what is or isn't expected, but what you see is what you get - it may
have changed n Word 2010, I haven't checked, but it isn't likely to change /
be fixed in Word 2007. Sorry

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Akhil" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user
could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette.
Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the
"Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhil[_2_] Akhil[_2_] is offline

mm ok.... ;D Thanks a lot Tony for these great responses. .. hope itl be
corrected in Ms Office 2010...

"Akhil" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to change the default colors in the "Standard Colors" color
palette.

Is there any way to do this thing. It would have been good if the user
could
keep the colors of their choice in the "Standard Colors" color palette.
Also
i dont want to change the theme color i just want to change the
"Standard
Colors" colors.

Please reply im in real need for the help.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, I don't know anything about Themes, PowerPoint, or Excel.

Styles are the fundamental way Word works with formatting text. On the
Home tab that big block of squares showing formatted text toward the
right end of the Ribbon is the "Styles" group, and the tiny arrow in
its lower right corner takes you to a panel, and on the panel that
opens, the button at the bottom left takes you to New Style, where you
can create a Character Style containing only your special color.