Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Me@Work Me@Work is offline

Default How to See Revision History in Word 2007?

Hello, how is it that you view the revision history for a document in Word
2007 (or any Office 2007 product for that matter)? Let's say I make a
document, do some work on it and save it. I keep working on it for a few more
days but I decide I would like to see what I had originally written in it the
first time I saved it, how do I do that? In Google Docs you go to File-See
Revision History and you can recall any version of the file ever saved, but I
can't seem to find the same functionality in Word 2007. The Track Changes
feature seems to be completely unrelated for what it's worth.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "How to save a document using a filename that gets
incremented by 1 each time if the filename already exists€¯ at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...edFilename.htm

Then use the Compare feature on the Review tab of the ribbon to see the
difference between any two revisions of the document.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Me@Work" wrote in message
Hello, how is it that you view the revision history for a document in Word
2007 (or any Office 2007 product for that matter)? Let's say I make a
document, do some work on it and save it. I keep working on it for a few
more
days but I decide I would like to see what I had originally written in it
the
first time I saved it, how do I do that? In Google Docs you go to
File-See
Revision History and you can recall any version of the file ever saved,
but I
can't seem to find the same functionality in Word 2007. The Track Changes
feature seems to be completely unrelated for what it's worth.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Me@Work Me@Work is offline

Hey Doug, thanks for the tip. Not exactly what I was looking for but close
enough I suppose. Would still be nicer if the revisions could be self
contained, seems a bit surprising a program of Word's caliber doesn't have it
(at least considering 'inferior' products like Google Docs have it) But
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

I could be wrong, but isn't the Google Doc feature just the storing of every
save you make on some Google server? In that case, you just have a bunch of
separate files and the revision option is not part of the program but rather
of the operating system. Microsoft Windows provides this exact same service
through the shadow copy functionality if you have activated it
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...dow-copy.aspx).

Yves