Queenie Queenie is offline
Junior Member

Default Fields only half-formatted

Hey all

I have a series of fields in my document serving as title/reference/date - that kind of thing.

They look ok when they get put in but when they update, only half of each field is formatted.

Hard to explain but a title like:

In Search of Lost Time

will come out like

IN SEARCH OF lost time

I've completely replaced them, I've formatted the document in the background and then put them in. I've put them in then selected the whole thing and formatted that. I've taken them out of the table they were in, in case that was an issue... at the end of my tether now

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some switches (such as \* CHARFORMAT) added to field codes may pick up
formatting from the underlying text. Usually, though, such formatting would
apply to the whole field result.

In this case, it seems more likely that the problem is with the display.
What do you see if you print or print preview the document?

Alternatively, the problem could be that the document is damaged and needs
to be recreated. What you can try is copy the entire content, minus the
final paragraph mark, into a new, blank document and see if that overcomes
the problem.

To show/hide paragraph marks (¶) as well as other nonprinting marks, click
the ¶ button on the Home tab. (This instruction applies to Word 2007 or
later.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP