Makarios51

Default Do I need Office XP service pk 3 when I only have Works Suite2003

Do I need Office XP service pk 3 when I only have Works Suite2003. It seems
like most of the update is for things I don't even have on my computer. Last
time I installed the OfficeXP Service Pack 3 it messed up my Word 2002. It
would always open as word pad and not Word. Is there a way to just get what I
need for Word that came with Works Suite 2003?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Makarios,

MS Works Suite 2003 includes Word 2002. All of the 2002 series
Office apps use the core/common files from MS Office XP. There
isn't a separate (major) service pack for the individual apps
although there are minor updates specific to the apps from time
to time.

The changes you describe aren't normal side effects of the
update.

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx