Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vanessa vanessa is offline

Default How do I add a pic to an HTML doc so you can see it online?

I am trying to edit an already existing webpage using word. The person who
created the website before me obviously knew what they were doing.

I want to add some pics to some pages and when I do, I can see them in the
word document and even on the HTML document file. Then when I copy it to the
internet file to post to the website and pull up the website, there is a
white box with a red X in the corner shows up instead of the picture I saw
before.

What do I need to do to be able to see the picture?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word has a nasty habit of changing relative paths in Web pages to absolute
ones. The result is that INCLUDEPICTURE field for your picture is pointing
to your hard drive instead of the correct location on the Web server. I
tried *everything* that was suggested to get around this and never found
anything that really worked, which is why I threw in the towel and started
using FrontPage instead.

"Vanessa" wrote in message
I am trying to edit an already existing webpage using word. The person who
created the website before me obviously knew what they were doing.

I want to add some pics to some pages and when I do, I can see them in the
word document and even on the HTML document file. Then when I copy it to
the
internet file to post to the website and pull up the website, there is a
white box with a red X in the corner shows up instead of the picture I saw
before.

What do I need to do to be able to see the picture?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?VmFuZXNzYQ==?= wrote in
:

I am trying to edit an already existing webpage using word. The
person who created the website before me obviously knew what they were
doing.

I want to add some pics to some pages and when I do, I can see them in
the word document and even on the HTML document file. Then when I
copy it to the internet file to post to the website and pull up the
website, there is a white box with a red X in the corner shows up
instead of the picture I saw before.

What do I need to do to be able to see the picture?

The solution is to duplicate a directory/folder structure on your local
computer which matches the directory/folder structure of your website.

Afterwards, only utilizuing links within the parallel structure (as
opposed to linking in images in your "My Documents" diirectory.

This is all simple path comprehension of web sites of which many people
are not in the lest interested in grasping.

folder 1 MyWebsite
SubFolder MyImages
SubFolder MyWigets

Place your active html page in either the root folder (folder 1
MyWebsite) or sub-folder (SubFolder MyWigets) and use relative patehs
to the "SubFolder MyImages".

Then upload both your edited webpage and your added images to the
parallel directories on your website.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guarantee Word will still thwart you at every turn. The only solution I
found was to insert absolute links to the online folder path.

"Don" wrote in message
. 33.102...
?B?VmFuZXNzYQ==?= wrote in
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In theory at least, tools options general web options files
uncheck 'update links on save' should overcome this issue so should be worth
trying.