Syellin Syellin is offline
Junior Member

Default Different formatting when opening documents

Ok, this is going to sound a little odd:

When I open a document that I previously created on my computer (same version of everything), the page width jumps from the usual 6.5/7" to 10.5", screwing up anything I've written. If I open a new file to copy/paste everything, it opens with the usual 6.5" margins, and saves perfectly 'normal'.

I didn't change a single setting of anything but this just started happening the other day.

Help? -lol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this a document with comments and/or Track Changes? Word could be
reserving space for comment and revision balloons.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Syellin" wrote in message

Ok, this is going to sound a little odd:

When I open a document that I previously created on my computer (same
version of everything), the page width jumps from the usual 6.5/7" to
10.5", screwing up anything I've written. If I open a new file to
copy/paste everything, it opens with the usual 6.5" margins, and saves
perfectly 'normal'.

I didn't change a single setting of anything but this just started
happening the other day.

Help? -lol

Syellin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The document may be damaged. I guess the original poster has already
confirmed that, since copying into a new file fixed the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP