Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Walter E. Walter E. is offline

Default Cannot open .doc in Word 2007

I recently installed an old copy of Word 2007 I had lying around, because my
Word 2002 was getting a little rusty.

It works flawlessly, with one exception: It opens .docx files fine but it
does not open .doc files which are sent to me as e-mails. I just tells me
"This file does not have a program associated with it. Install the proper
grogram or establish the default connection. Or something like that.

I went to default file associations and it clearly states that Microsoft
Word 2007 is the default program for. docx and .doc files.

How can I get Word 2007 to open .doc files?

Thank you

--

www.rationality.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bojan0810@gmail.com is offline

Dana četvrtak, 26. rujna 2013. 07:26:44 UTC+2, korisnik Walter E. napisao je:
I recently installed an old copy of Word 2007 I had lying around, because my

Word 2002 was getting a little rusty.

It works flawlessly, with one exception: It opens .docx files fine but it

does not open .doc files which are sent to me as e-mails. I just tells me

"This file does not have a program associated with it. Install the proper

grogram or establish the default connection. Or something like that.

I went to default file associations and it clearly states that Microsoft

Word 2007 is the default program for. docx and .doc files.

How can I get Word 2007 to open .doc files?

Thank you

--

www.rationality.net

I think your problem is that you didn't open .doc file with word 2007, you just clicked on it.

Try open word 2007 and then go to open files with them and find .doc file. It should open file in compatibility mode.
passimage passimage is offline
Junior Member

if you still can't open word document with Microsoft 2007. you can use other word related software. most of them can open word document in any versions without using Microsoft Word.

Word Software
best luck to you
Lily
mackyn mackyn is offline
Junior Member

Try to extract data into OpenOffice writer or in .rtf file format.