bakerbiz

Default Text style in frame outside of margin

I am creating styles for a template. The client wants the header text to
appear at the top of the frame, above the top margin. The only way I could
figure out how to do this was by placing the header text in a frame, with the
position of the frame specified above the margin.

When I apply the header style, it pushes the header to the previous page.
For example, when I type in a new header on page 2, select it and apply the
header style, the header jumps up to page 1. If I select "move with text" in
the frame options, then it changes to position to within the margins of the
text. Because of the preprinted stationery the client is using, it's
important that the header appear above the text margins. Help!

bakerbiz

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does that mean each time the header changes I have to start a new section?
Is there a way to indicate that in the style? We are setting up a template
for proposals, so the user will be dropping lots of text in, and may need to
have a number of different page headers (for example the proposal may have 5
or 6 sections).

"bakerbiz" wrote in message
I am creating styles for a template. The client wants the header text to
appear at the top of the frame, above the top margin. The only way I

could
figure out how to do this was by placing the header text in a frame, with

the
position of the frame specified above the margin.

When I apply the header style, it pushes the header to the previous page.
For example, when I type in a new header on page 2, select it and apply

the
header style, the header jumps up to page 1. If I select "move with text"

in
the frame options, then it changes to position to within the margins of

the
text. Because of the preprinted stationery the client is using, it's
important that the header appear above the text margins. Help!

You can have up to three headers per section. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You want the header text in the Header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"bakerbiz" wrote in message
[...]

How do you end or "turn off" a character style while entering text Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 3 April 25th 05 03:29 PM
How do I limit text going beyond the margin set at 1" in aligned . Frustrated Student Thesis Page Layout 8 February 15th 05 06:47 PM
putting text in margin ky Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 09:38 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
HELP! set text file default margin Eric Wong Page Layout 1 December 23rd 04 10:08 PM