Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

Default linking building blocks to content controls

is there any way to link a content control drop down list to a building
blocks gallery and category?

i had alot of autotext that was linked to Styles. So, a user could right
click and see the choices for that style thru the autotextlist fields.

i would like to migrate this over to building blocks, but, i don't want to
have to fish thru hundreds of choices. can the building blocks be linked to
a content control field? The i could present the user with a short list of
choices?

if anyone knows of an example, let me know.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy Anne Troy is offline

Hi, Joe. I'm not familiar with the term "building blocks" (at least assuming
it has technical connotation), but if you're talking about what we call
"conditional dropdowns", perhaps this knowledgebase by article Gerry Knight
will help you:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=5
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Joe" wrote:

is there any way to link a content control drop down list to a building
blocks gallery and category?

i had alot of autotext that was linked to Styles. So, a user could right
click and see the choices for that style thru the autotextlist fields.

i would like to migrate this over to building blocks, but, i don't want to
have to fish thru hundreds of choices. can the building blocks be linked to
a content control field? The i could present the user with a short list of
choices?

if anyone knows of an example, let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

Hi Anne,
Sorry, the "Content Controls" and "Building Blocks" are new features to Word
in Office 2007

"Joe" wrote:

is there any way to link a content control drop down list to a building
blocks gallery and category?

i had alot of autotext that was linked to Styles. So, a user could right
click and see the choices for that style thru the autotextlist fields.

i would like to migrate this over to building blocks, but, i don't want to
have to fish thru hundreds of choices. can the building blocks be linked to
a content control field? The i could present the user with a short list of
choices?

if anyone knows of an example, let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Developer ribbon, insert a Building Block Gallery content control. By
default, it will use just Quick Parts. However, right click the control
(while Design Mode is active), and choose Properties. There, you can choose
which gallery (but not just any gallery) and category you want to use.

For migrating AutoText, you can leave them as such and create categories to
organize them. Or, you can create custom galleries and categories.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com