Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Squid&Chips Squid&ampChips is offline

Default How do i disable this setting?

Hi,

Today I've noticed that all the word documents I open have two
intersecting lines in all four corners of the page.

I have no idea how I managed to get them there, no clue what the
correct term is, and would like to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance,

Squid&Chips

--
Squid&Chips
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Note that if this is Word 2007, the view crop marks is under Word Options,:
Alt+F, I, A under 'Show Document Content' section.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Squid&amp"; "Chips" wrote in
message .. .

Hi,

Today I've noticed that all the word documents I open have two
intersecting lines in all four corners of the page.

I have no idea how I managed to get them there, no clue what the
correct term is, and would like to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance,

Squid&Chips

--
Squid&Chips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Squid&Chips[_2_] Squid&ampChips[_2_] is offline

Hmm...

Apparently I have to open Microsoft Office Tools via the Program Menu
and access 'Microsoft Office XP Language Settings' to disable
non-English languages.

But the Language Settings option is not there...

I only have:

-Activate Product
-Microsoft Clip Organizer
-Microsoft Office Application Recovery
-Microsoft Office Document Scanning
-Save My Settings Wizard

...?

--
Squid&Chips
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is Office XP the version you have? When you open the menu, are there double
arrows at the bottom indicating more menu entries not displayed?

Squid& "Chips" wrote in
message .. .

Hmm...

Apparently I have to open Microsoft Office Tools via the Program Menu
and access 'Microsoft Office XP Language Settings' to disable
non-English languages.

But the Language Settings option is not there...

I only have:

-Activate Product
-Microsoft Clip Organizer
-Microsoft Office Application Recovery
-Microsoft Office Document Scanning
-Save My Settings Wizard

..?

--
Squid&Chips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Default You go here, click that, and you're done. How do i disable this setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

What?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Squid&Chips[_3_] Squid&ampChips[_3_] is offline

Suzanne,

There are definitely no more menu entries, and I don't have the full
Office XP package installed. I have all six applications and can use
them all except for Frontpage and Access (which I don't need anyway).

--
Squid&Chips
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Squid & Chips,

The Office program for the language settings is
SetLang.exe if it's installed. You may want to use
Start=Search to located it.

If you've checked the installation of Office Tools under
Microsoft Office XP in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel for the Language Settings Tool and it's showing as 'Run
from my computer' state then you may want to run a repair/reinstall of Office from there and choose the option to restore shortcuts.

================
Squid& "Chips" wrote in message

.. .

Suzanne,

There are definitely no more menu entries, and I don't have the full
Office XP package installed. I have all six applications and can use
them all except for Frontpage and Access (which I don't need anyway).

--
Squid&Chips
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Squid&Chips[_4_] Squid&ampChips[_4_] is offline

Mr. Bob Buckland,

I couldn't find 'SetLang.exe' usingStart/Search, nor could I locate
Microsoft Office XP in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control
Panel...

I also had a look through the Program Files/Microsoft Office folder,
and I couldn't find any file related to Language settings, or settings
of any kind for that matter...but then again, I couldn't make sense of
most of the file names anyway.

S&C.

--
Squid&Chips

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi S&C,

If there isn't a Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word choice listed in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel, you can
place your Office CD (or if you have MS Works Suite, CD#1) in the CD/DVD drive and run Setup.exe from there to get to the
repair/reinstall/change feature sets.

======================
Squid& "Chips" wrote in message
.. .

Mr. Bob Buckland,

I couldn't find 'SetLang.exe' usingStart/Search, nor could I locate
Microsoft Office XP in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control
Panel...

I also had a look through the Program Files/Microsoft Office folder,
and I couldn't find any file related to Language settings, or settings
of any kind for that matter...but then again, I couldn't make sense of
most of the file names anyway.

S&C.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Registry Policy Setting - Problem Changing Setting JenniferS30 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 14th 08 08:20 PM
Disable key Laura Microsoft Word Help 1 March 7th 07 08:19 PM
How to disable Alt Gr + s Gerhard New Users 3 July 24th 06 11:38 PM
how to disable retract Question regarding word 2000 and 2003. New Users 2 April 7th 05 10:16 PM
Disable Insert Key Alice New Users 1 February 21st 05 06:25 PM