Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chloe

Default Why can't i use the pound sign?

Hia, I was writing a birthday list on word when i realised that when i hold
shift+3, i get '#' instead of a pound sign. Can someone please tell me how to
fix this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You may have the language in Word set to English (UK), but your
keyboard language in Windows is set to English (US). The two
definitions have several keys with different assignments, including
the different locations of the # and £ symbols.

Follow the instructions at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm, in the
section "Set the desired default language in Windows", and especially
the line that mentions setting the keyboard language.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 14 May 2006 06:56:01 -0700, Chloe
wrote:

Hia, I was writing a birthday list on word when i realised that when i hold
shift+3, i get '#' instead of a pound sign. Can someone please tell me how to
fix this.

# sign in header and footer box W Heiser Page Layout 1 March 6th 06 05:18 AM
displaying entering the pound curency in an Email comes up as # Rancher Microsoft Word Help 2 August 13th 05 05:27 PM
in word how to get the not equals sign, ie = with a slash through Sriram_SF Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 05 04:16 AM
pond sign Wale Microsoft Word Help 7 June 1st 05 03:26 PM
How do I write a large integral sign? Andy Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 05 01:08 PM