Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Turning off Reading layout view when opening from Outlook

Hi, I'm running Outlook 2003, Word 2003 and in Word I've gone into tools,
options, general tab and unchecked the "Allow Starting in Reading Layout".
All fine and good, HOWEVER... If I double-click on a Word document attached
to an Outlook E-mail, it starts in Reading Layout view. VERY Annoying! Any
ideas? Haven't been able to find anything in Outlook to uncheck yet. Thanks
and Happy Halloween! Deb
--
"No matter how the dice may fall, someone else always gets to call the
number..." B. Gibb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never double click documents attached to Word because of security
considerations and the probability that you will lose any edits you make in
such a document. Always save to the hard drive and open from there.

If Word is changing the reading layout setting against your wishes (some
options do that in Word 2003 - usually because of an insignificant
corruption in the Word Data settings key in the registry) you should be able
to force your will by adding the following line to an autoopen macro -

Options.AllowReadingMode = False