Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Inge Sqz Inge Sqz is offline

Default Word 2007 - Header / Footer. Different first page won't function

Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Did you put in a page break and put the footer on page 2 - then return to
page 1 footer and remove the footer.
Then SAVE
Then delete the PAGE BREAK
Then SAVE and CLOSE (no need to close that I know of).

Now Different First Page Footer is BLANK (which is what you seem to
indicate) and if and when you create a page 2 either automatically or with a
page break you will have a footer on page 2 and following pages.

Hope this helps.

www.docsliveonline.com
"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If content is added automatically, there must be some kind of field in
the first page header. Deleting that field should fix the problem. This
task will be easier if you display field codes (Alt+F9 acts as a
toggle).

Note also that if you have multiple sections, the default is for the
headers to be linked, meaning that if you do want a first page header in
the following section, you must unlink its first page header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer

edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until

next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and

this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Inge Sqz Inge Sqz is offline

Default Word 2007 - Header / Footer. Different first page won't functi

Thank you. Adding a page break seemed to solve the case.

Inge

"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Great, yes you do need to set the follow on page(s) otherwise you can't have
"diff 1st page" so use a page break to create blank pages.

"Inge Sqz" wrote in message
Hello

I keep activating the Different first page option in Header/Footer edit
menu, and after that press Save and Close. This works just fine until
next
time i try to print my document. Word updates all my references and
this
options disappear. Now header footer is back on first page.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any Office update available for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And note that you can delete the page break when you've correctly set up
the main header and footer; their contents will reappear as soon as the
body text of the first page flows to the second and subsequent pages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP