Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donna M. Donna M. is offline

Default Footers missing in Word 2000

I have a large document with 8 sections.

The first page footer of sections 1-4 are visible in the document, but none
of the other footers in those sections show. It's not the text that is
missing - it's the actual footer that has disappeared. Sections 5-8 are
fine with all footers visible.

I'm not sure if this could be related but before the footers disappeared, I
was having a problem where the page numbers in section one were acting
strange. I would try to delete the page number, it would disappear then come
back over and over again. I thought perhaps I auto inserted page number a
bunch of times without realizing it and maybe the numbers were hidden
someplace within the footer.

In an attempt to fix the numbering problem, I went into the first section
one footer and hit delete many times. That did fix the number problem and
that is when the missing footer problem began.

Many thanks.

--
Donna