Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Default finding words containing a certain letter

Hi

I'm trying to find a way that makes Word find (and highlight) a word
containing a certain letter. Presuming that the letter is 'x', I tried to put
'*x*' in the 'Find what' field with 'use wildcards', but it's not working.

I noticed that 'x*' does find all words starting with 'x', but '*x'
behaves strangely.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

First make sure your "highlight" has a color chosen (if it's set to white you
won't seen the highlighting), next go to Find. In Find, select replace. In
Find What, type the letter you are looking for, then in Replace With type
that same letter, select More, then format, then highlight. Hope that helped

"BAH" wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to find a way that makes Word find (and highlight) a word
containing a certain letter. Presuming that the letter is 'x', I tried to put
'*x*' in the 'Find what' field with 'use wildcards', but it's not working.

I noticed that 'x*' does find all words starting with 'x', but '*x'
behaves strangely.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Thanks PJY, but that highlights the letter not the whole word. BTW, your
reply helped me find the answer for another question I had. Thanks a lot.