Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Default replacing comments with footnotes

I wonder if there's a way to convert comments to footnotes. I need to print
documents and see the text with the comments on the same page. I know it can
be done with the balloons in Word 2003 (which I have at home), but I have
Word 2000 at work and the company refuses to upgrade (besides, taking copies
of documents out of the company's server is not allowed).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Maybe you can use a macro I created that extracts all comments from the
active document to a new document (I know this is not the solution you asked
for but it may work for you anyway). You can read more and download the macro
from he
http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php...mments_extract

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"BAH" wrote:

I wonder if there's a way to convert comments to footnotes. I need to print
documents and see the text with the comments on the same page. I know it can
be done with the balloons in Word 2003 (which I have at home), but I have
Word 2000 at work and the company refuses to upgrade (besides, taking copies
of documents out of the company's server is not allowed).

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BAH BAH is offline

Thanks for the macro. It can be of good use for the time being. It's much
better that Word's print comments, for it shows the "Comment scope", among
other things.