Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vanda Rounsefell Vanda Rounsefell is offline

Default Headers & Footers in Word 2004

Can anyone help me: I have a document with many chapters and different
footers for each, and the same header throughout except for blank
chapter-facing pages. I have a problem in two places in the document where
the footers/headers persist in 'bleeding' from section to section, even
though I have put in Section Break (next page) and turned off any 'same as
previous'.

I thought I had a good handle on this. I know the section break controls
what goes before it. I have looked at it in normal view and experimentally
replaced section breaks, ensured all are 'next page', have added extra pages,
which does break it but as soon as I remove them, the text flows across
again. It is behaving as it the 'same as previous' were ON, when it isn't. In
one place it looks as if there is an invisible section break there, as the
section numbering indicates an extra section, but I can't find it. I always
work with 'show/hide' ON.

I feel really dumb about this but I have a serious deadline 2 days ago and
I've spend hours experimenting, to no avail. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that a section can have up to three different headers (and footers),
namely, when the "Different first page" and "Different odd and even" options
are selected (in WinWord, these options are in the Page Setup dialog box).
Each of these must be separately unlinked from its "neighbor" in the
preceding section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Vanda Rounsefell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

They are in Format | Document in MacWord.

I mention there are Mac-specific groups just for the archives/future
reference, but it shouldn't particularly make a difference with this
question.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups