Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bepane bepane is offline

Default Word 07 Forms

I cannot use the Tab button to navigate in a form that I have created and
protected.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What kind of form is this? If you are using the legacy form fields it should
definitely work.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bepane" wrote in message
I cannot use the Tab button to navigate in a form that I have created and
protected.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bepane bepane is offline

I have used a combination of legacy controls and date picker, dropdown box,
and combo boxes. I have wondered why I have 3 choices of controls, those
visible, legacy and activeX.

"bepane" wrote in message
I cannot use the Tab button to navigate in a form that I have created and
protected.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In a protected document, I believe legacy form fields are the only fields
that you can Tab to (but you should be able to use the Up and Down arrows to
move between content controls).

More importantly, though, mixing different type of controls is not
recommended. Stick to one type.

ActiveX controls tend to trigger Design mode (a result of macro security
settings), which is why they are not recommended.

In a protected document, form fields may be the best choice; it is the only
choice if you want backward compatibility.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bepane" wrote in message
I cannot use the Tab button to navigate in a form that I have created
and
protected.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help!