Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alitaki Alitaki is offline

Default How to automatically apply different style to text before printin.

I am creating a letter template that involves getting the user to replace
certain text with their own input e.g. for [Employee Name], they enter the
employee's name.
So that the text stands out from the rest it will either be in bold or
italics. However, when the user prints out the letter, I want the replacement
text to print out as regular text, not bold or italics. I thought of using a
macro which changes the style of the text before printing, but haven't been
able to find one that does this so far. I don't want to use form fields, as
all the text in the letter should be updatable not just the bolded or
italicized text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angharad Angharad is offline

In the office I used to work in, we used color for those fields, and then
always printed the letters in black-and-white. It may not be the most elegant
solution, nor am I any kind of expert, but it was an effective stopgap
measure.