Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne

Default floppy disc problem

I have Windows XP, Word 2002. I have an outside transcriptionist who puts her
work on a floppy disc. I open the disc, save to Word, then close the floppy
file and the Word file I have put it in. The light goes out, I remove the
disc. When I hit open (in Word) the light for the disc drive goes on, the
machine freezes and I cannot get out of it. I have tried Ctrl Alt Delete, I
send error reports, but I cannot download, or have not tried to download the
solution, because the screen is frozen. I get the end program screen but the
light remains on and I have to shut the computer down by pushing the off
button on the CPU unit. This has happened twice. Is there something I am
doing wrong, is it the floppy, or just a Word/Windows quirk?

Thank you for any help.

Jeanne