Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RA

Default How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document

How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document. This is, to not
print any page number on a section located between 2 sections. I would like
to have this part of the document without page numbering. I would like to
continue the page numbering in the next section while ignoring the counting
of this block of pages.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to skip page numbering in the middle of a document:
  1. First, go to the page where you want to start the section without page numbering.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" dropdown menu and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks".
  4. Now, go to the first page of the new section (the one after the section break you just inserted).
  5. Double-click on the header or footer area (depending on where you want to remove the page number).
  6. This will open the "Header & Footer Tools" tab. Click on the "Link to Previous" button to turn it off. This will allow you to edit the header or footer for this section without affecting the previous section.
  7. Now, select the page number in the header or footer and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
  8. The page number should now be removed from this section.
  9. To continue page numbering in the next section, repeat steps 2-6, but this time leave the page number in the header or footer.

That's it! You should now have a section in the middle of your document without page numbering, and the page numbering should continue in the next section. Let me know if you have any questions!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

You can do it like this --

1. Insert section breaks around the block in the middle.

2. Break the header and footer links between the sections (clear the 'same
as previous' button on the Headers/Footers toolbar).

3. Somewhere in the middle block insert a SectionPages field. This shows the
number of pages in the section. Select the field and bookmark it (called eg
Sec2Pages).

4. In the final section, where you want the page number to appear, use a
nested field calculation: { = { PAGE } - { REF Sec2Pages } }

5. Hide the SectionPages field by setting the font to white or drawing a
white rectangle over the top. You can't set it to hidden or the calculation
won't work.

You'll need to update fields whenever the number of pages in mid-section
changes, to refresh the calculation. This normally happens automatically
when you print.

"RA" wrote in message
How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document. This is, to not
print any page number on a section located between 2 sections. I would
like
to have this part of the document without page numbering. I would like to
continue the page numbering in the next section while ignoring the
counting
of this block of pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Jezebel's solution is the most straight-forward. However, take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

These will give you some more ideas and help you understand the calculation
field that Jezebel was talking about using.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.