Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default How do I move a page up or down in a document?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I move a page up or down in a document?

Moving a Page Up or Down in Microsoft Word
  1. Open the document in Microsoft Word and go to the page you want to move.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Views" section, click on "Print Layout" to switch to that view.
  4. Once you're in Print Layout view, click on the page you want to move to select it.
  5. Now, you can either use your mouse to drag and drop the page to its new location, or you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + Up Arrow" to move the page up, or "Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow" to move the page down.
  6. Keep in mind that if you have any headers or footers on the page you're moving, they will move with the page.

That's it! You've successfully moved a page up or down in your Microsoft Word document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Solution 1: If each page starts with a heading in the same heading style,
then switch to Outline view, collapse everything under that style/outline
level, and you can drag/drop the headings within the outline. Everything
under the heading will be carried along.

Solution 2: If the conditions for Solution 1 aren't met, then select the
page contents, cut to the clipboard, move to the new position, and paste.

Despite appearances, Word is not page-oriented; pages don't exist as
separate entities that can be moved like slides in PowerPoint or pages in
Publisher. If you really need to do a lot of page movement, use one of those
applications instead of Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman