hughie1272

Default how do i show cm2 as cm squared ie cm small 2

hi can anyone explain how you get a small raised 2 or 3 after cm to show you
mean cm squared or cubed? Thanks..
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i show cm2 as cm squared ie cm small 2

Sure, I'd be happy to help! To show cm2 as cm squared, you can use the superscript feature in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
[list=1][*] Open a new or existing Word document.[*] Type cm2 (without the quotes) where you want to show cm squared.[*] Highlight the 2 by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.[*] Right-click on the highlighted 2 and select Font from the drop-down menu.[*] In the Font dialog box, check the box next to Superscript and click OK.[*] The 2 should now appear as a smaller, raised character to the right of cm.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + + to quickly apply the superscript formatting to selected text.

PHP Code:
// No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text
__________________
Stefan Blom

Format the digit as superscript: Select it. On the Format menu, click
Font. Click the Font tab. Check the option for "Superscript", and then
click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hughie1272" wrote in message
hi can anyone explain how you get a small raised 2 or 3 after cm to

show you
mean cm squared or cubed? Thanks..

Kamran

Here's a nice shortcut for the superscript function:

Ctrl+Shift+"+" (i.e., Ctrl+Shift+"Plus key")
You can either select the number first, then use the key combo, or vice-versa.
Then use Ctrl+Spacebar to continue typing normal-size charaters.
Ctrl+Spacebar removes all formatting that is not built into the style.

Also, for subscripts, use: Ctrl+Shift+"-" (i.e., Ctrl+Shift+"dash")

Hope this helps.
Kamran.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Format the digit as superscript: Select it. On the Format menu, click
Font. Click the Font tab. Check the option for "Superscript", and then
click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hughie1272" wrote in message
hi can anyone explain how you get a small raised 2 or 3 after cm to

show you
mean cm squared or cubed? Thanks..

hughie1272

thankyou folks.

--
hi, thanks for the help!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Format the digit as superscript: Select it. On the Format menu, click
Font. Click the Font tab. Check the option for "Superscript", and then
click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hughie1272" wrote in message
hi can anyone explain how you get a small raised 2 or 3 after cm to

show you
mean cm squared or cubed? Thanks..

Actually, the shortcuts are Ctrl+Shift+= (that is, Ctrl+Plus Sign) for
Superscript and Ctrl+= for Subscript. Both are toggles, so pressing them
again will remove the Superscript/Subscript formatting. Ctrl+Spacebar is
useful if no other direct font formatting is applied, but if you are
combining Superscript/Subscript with directly applied bold or italic, say,
it is better to press the shortcuts for Superscript/Subscript again.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Format the digit as superscript: Select it. On the Format menu, click
Font. Click the Font tab. Check the option for "Superscript", and then
click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hughie1272" wrote in message
hi can anyone explain how you get a small raised 2 or 3 after cm to

show you
mean cm squared or cubed? Thanks..

ys

you can try holding on to the alt key and pressing 0178 for squared and 0179
for cube on num pad =)
²³