Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peggy Peggy is offline

Default Date on invoices

When I pull up an old invoice from my invoice folder, it automatically
updates the date to today's date. How can I change this to always show the
original date?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You should use a CreateDate field in the template from which you create the
invoices.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Peggy" wrote in message
When I pull up an old invoice from my invoice folder, it automatically
updates the date to today's date. How can I change this to always show
the
original date?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

My criminal defense lawyer site: http://addbalance.com.
from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Peggy" wrote in message
When I pull up an old invoice from my invoice folder, it automatically
updates the date to today's date. How can I change this to always show
the
original date?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Edit your template and use the CreateDate field instead of inserting the
DATE. In the template, it will show the date the template was created, but
when you open a new document based on the template, it will show the date
the document was created. This should never change.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/