Becky

Default How do i unlock my document, because i cannot type?

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?
Jay Freedman

Becky wrote:
I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom
of the screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the
document is locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Hi Becky,

What happens if you select Help Activate Product?

If it says the software is already activated, then see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

shamir062

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Gretchen

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

dolly

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

ppaula3

"Gretchen" wrote:

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Joseph

Dear Microsoft, I cannot type anything on the Word Document.

The Key board just could work on the Word document.

Please tell me what to do

Thanks!

Joseph
LT

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Either you have not activated Word, or it is a trial version that has
expired. See €śFrequently asked questions about the Office Activation Wizard
and reduced-functionality mode in Office 2003€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827291 and/or €śHow to convert a Office
2003 Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

"LT" wrote in message

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of

the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

wansie

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

wansie

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Emily

"LT" wrote: have the same problem PLEASE HELP

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

jekehr

"Gretchen" wrote:

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

jekehr

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Rose

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MizDag

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Johnson

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HeatherLondon

I same message has started appearing in all of my office applications since
last week. I have been using office (Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 2003
- not a trial version) with no problems for the past month. I have tried
HelpActivate product but nothing happens.

Is it possible that I have locked office by inadvertently pressing something
on the keyboard by mistake because I can see no other reason why this has
happened?

Thanks for your help.

"LT" wrote in message

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of

the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to
activate an Office product" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903275

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Either you have not activated Word, or it is a trial version that has
expired. See €śFrequently asked questions about the Office Activation

Wizard
and reduced-functionality mode in Office 2003€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827291 and/or €śHow to convert a

Office
2003 Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"LT" wrote in message

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the

bottom of
the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the

document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicole

--
Nicole Roberson

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Then either it is a trial version that has expired or you have used up the
50 uses you can have before activating it. What happens if you select
Activate Product on the Help menu?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you activated the product? Or is this a trial version that has

expired?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Nicole" wrote in message

Nicole Roberson

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the

bottom of
the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the

document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naranja

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you activated the program (Help | Activate Product)? Or is it an
expired trial version? If neither of these is the issue and the document is
not protected in some way, see

"naranja" wrote in message

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom

of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document

is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rach mc

how did you unlock your document? help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you activated the program (HelpActivate Product)? Or is it an
expired trial version? If neither of these is the issue and the document is
not protected in some way, see the article at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"rach mc" rach wrote in message

how did you unlock your document? help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacques Henry

"shamir062" wrote:

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Help Activate application?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jean" wrote in message

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of
the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbbbbbbb

did you ever get it unlocked

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas

how did you get it unlocked

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
willlie willlie is offline

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tolik Tolik is offline

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam[_2_] Pam[_2_] is offline

--
Thanks a million

"Becky" wrote:

I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
locked, how do I get it unlocked?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ivanamts@yahoo.com is offline