Confused

Default Remove auto date from a word document created using a template

How do I do this? The document displays current date instead of date it was
created.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove auto date from a word document created using a template

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to remove the auto date from a Word document created using a template:
  1. Open the document in Word.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Date & Time" button in the "Text" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the "Date and Time" dialog box that appears, make sure the "Update automatically" box is unchecked.
  5. Select the date format you want to use for the document creation date.
  6. Click the "OK" button to insert the date into the document.

This should insert the date the document was created, rather than the current date. If you want to remove the auto date that's already in the document, simply select the date and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
__________________
Daiya Mitchell

On 2/9/05 9:57 AM, "Confused" wrote:

How do I do this? The document displays current date instead of date it was
created.

The keyboard shortcut for Insert Date, and the icon on the header/footer
toolbar insert an automatically updating date field, {DATE}, so if either of
those were used in creating the doc, you get date changes.

To fix old docs, select the field, toggle field codes on the right-click
menu (or hit alt-F9), and change the DATE field to CREATEDATE.

For more information, see he
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

For the future, you could make the {CREATEDATE} field into an AutoText entry
and assign it a shortcut.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.