akkrug

Default Can I get Word to print duplex to save paper

Our company wants us to print to our copying machine so that we can print on
both sides of the paper. Is there a setting in Word that will print duplex?

Thanks.

Ken K.
--
akkrug
Chuck Davis

"akkrug" wrote in message
Our company wants us to print to our copying machine so that we can print
on
both sides of the paper. Is there a setting in Word that will print
duplex?

Thanks.

Ken K.
--
akkrug

Ken,
This is a printer options setting...

akkrug

Chuck,
Do you have any idea how to set a copying machine to print duplex from a pc?
I tried selecting the buttons that do duplex when copying and this had no
effect on the Word print I sent to it. The copier is a Ricoh.

Thanks.

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"akkrug" wrote in message
Our company wants us to print to our copying machine so that we can print
on
both sides of the paper. Is there a setting in Word that will print
duplex?

Thanks.

Ken K.
--
akkrug

Ken,
This is a printer options setting...

Daiya Mitchell

Somewhere in the File Print dialog there should be a setting. The File |
Print dialog probably has a dropdown menu, one of the options may be "Ricoh
settings" or Printer Features or somesuch. Search that dialog thoroughly.
(The File | Print dialog is produced in conjunction with the printer driver,
so you definitely need to have the exact driver for the printer selected.
But only people with the same printer would be able to give you exact
steps).

The printer manufacturer may have relevant info on their website.

On 11/4/05 7:52 AM, "akkrug" wrote:

Chuck,
Do you have any idea how to set a copying machine to print duplex from a pc?
I tried selecting the buttons that do duplex when copying and this had no
effect on the Word print I sent to it. The copier is a Ricoh.

Thanks.

Ken K.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

akkrug

Daiya,

Thanks for the help. Duplex was a choice under the Print Dialog box!! Glad
it's Friday!!!!
--
akkrug

On 11/4/05 7:52 AM, "akkrug" wrote:

Chuck,
Do you have any idea how to set a copying machine to print duplex from a pc?
I tried selecting the buttons that do duplex when copying and this had no
effect on the Word print I sent to it. The copier is a Ricoh.

Thanks.

Ken K.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Make sure you're not mistaking the "Manual duplex" setting for what you're
looking for. Ordinarily, duplexing must be set in the printer Properties.

On 11/4/05 7:52 AM, "akkrug" wrote:

Chuck,
Do you have any idea how to set a copying machine to print duplex from

a pc?
I tried selecting the buttons that do duplex when copying and this

had no
effect on the Word print I sent to it. The copier is a Ricoh.

Thanks.

Ken K.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
imateacher imateacher is offline

I am having a similar problem... my HP7310 all in one prints duplex (I'm
wireless from my laptop to the printer hooked to another PC); however, since
downloading trial version of word 07, anything I print/properties/auto
twop-sided printing, my PC only prints one side. It worked in my previous
version of word, but not 2007. Help? thanks!

On 11/4/05 7:52 AM, "akkrug" wrote:

Chuck,
Do you have any idea how to set a copying machine to print duplex from

a pc?
I tried selecting the buttons that do duplex when copying and this

had no
effect on the Word print I sent to it. The copier is a Ricoh.

Thanks.

Ken K.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Have you checked the printer properties (in the laptop printer driver) as
Suzanne suggested?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure you're not mistaking the "Manual duplex" setting for what
you're looking for. Ordinarily, duplexing must be set in the printer
Properties.

newsgroup so all may benefit.