docpete

Default how do I remove a page from a word 2000 document e.g. last blank p

I need to edit a a document but have a situation in which ther are pages I do
not need i.e. I only need pge 1 but not pages 2 and three. how can I remove
pages 2 and 3 so the document ends at the end of page 1 and the document has
just 1 page.
Doug Robbins

Select and delete everything after the end of page 1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"docpete" wrote in message
I need to edit a a document but have a situation in which ther are pages I
do
not need i.e. I only need pge 1 but not pages 2 and three. how can I
remove
pages 2 and 3 so the document ends at the end of page 1 and the document
has
just 1 page.

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:19:03 -0700, "docpete"
wrote:

I need to edit a a document but have a situation in which ther are pages I do
not need i.e. I only need pge 1 but not pages 2 and three. how can I remove
pages 2 and 3 so the document ends at the end of page 1 and the document has
just 1 page.

Forgive me if this seems too simple, but the easiest way is generally
to select the material you don't need and press the Delete key. To
make the selection, click at the beginning of the material, use the
scroll bar or mouse wheel to bring the end of the material into view,
and hold the Shift key while clicking at the end.

If there are section breaks in the material to be deleted, this could
cause some formatting (margins, columns) to change. For that, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm

If there are manual page breaks in the document, you can see them to
select and delete them by switching to Normal view.

An alternative is to copy the material you do need, create a new blank
document, and paste the material into it. However, this won't bring
along anything in headers or footers of the original document; those
would have to be copied/pasted separately.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Place your cursor at the top of page 2, press and hold the Shift and Ctrl
keys, hit the End key. This will highlight everything from that point to the
end. Now hit the delete key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]