Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjbo tjbo is offline

Default Underlines in a form text field

I have a client who recently converted to Office 2003. She has a form with
many underlined text form fields. She tells me in her old version of Word
that when she printed the form out only the fields with data in it had the
underlines showing and that the blank fields did not. She wants to be able
to do the same in Word 2003 but all blank fields print the underline. Are
the options for this? I've checked everywhere.
Thanks,
Terry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set the default text for the formfields to a single space.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tjbo" wrote in message
I have a client who recently converted to Office 2003. She has a form with
many underlined text form fields. She tells me in her old version of Word
that when she printed the form out only the fields with data in it had the
underlines showing and that the blank fields did not. She wants to be
able
to do the same in Word 2003 but all blank fields print the underline. Are
the options for this? I've checked everywhere.
Thanks,
Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tjbo tjbo is offline

Thanks much for the reply Doug. I set the space in the formfield like you
said and it worked great. So I forwarded your response but she still insists
there is an option that you turn off or on to do that. I'll keep checking.
Thank again. Terry

"tjbo" wrote in message
I have a client who recently converted to Office 2003. She has a form with
many underlined text form fields. She tells me in her old version of Word
that when she printed the form out only the fields with data in it had the
underlines showing and that the blank fields did not. She wants to be
able
to do the same in Word 2003 but all blank fields print the underline. Are
the options for this? I've checked everywhere.
Thanks,
Terry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am using 2007 at the moment and the menu system is completely different to
that in Word 2003, but I think that there maybe a setting in
ToolsOptionsCompatibility (or on one of the tabs on the Options dialog)
where you can set whether spaces or trailing spaces are underlined or not.
Maybe that is what your client is talking about.