Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cat cat is offline

Default Vietnamese doc created in Word 2003 doesn't display right in Word

We created a document in Word 2003 in Vietnamese, and all the Vietnamese
fonts have been installed, however when we try to open it up in Word 2007 we
get strange characters. We are running Word 2007 on a machine that has
Windows XP as the operating system.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you installed Office2007, did you make Vietnamese a language it's
prepared to handle? (In 2003, the Language Settings are under Start
All Programs Microsoft Office Office Tools.) Also it has to be
enabled in Windows XP (Control Panel Regional and Language Options
Languages Details Add; you may have to first turn on one of the
Complex Scripts options, and then you'll need your installation disk.)