Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonigr jonigr is offline

Default Speech - Continuous spelling mode?

Using Speech in Word 2002 I want to spell out lines of programming language.
I can enter spelling mode (by saying €śspelling mode€ť) and it actually works
great, but after every word spelled it switches back to regular dictation
mode. In other words, in one 20-word sentence I have to re-enter spelling
mode 20 times.

How do I switch to a continuous spelling mode? Thanks very much!

Joni
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See if http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm helps?

jonigr wrote:
Using Speech in Word 2002 I want to spell out lines of programming
language. I can enter spelling mode (by saying "spelling mode") and
it actually works great, but after every word spelled it switches
back to regular dictation mode. In other words, in one 20-word
sentence I have to re-enter spelling mode 20 times.

How do I switch to a continuous spelling mode? Thanks very much!

Joni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Joni,

The Office implementation of Windows Speech REcognition (WSR) Spelling mode was intended for letting you spell out text that
dictation didn't recognize/was getting wrong, such as a person's name. It usually turns off after reaching the end of selected text
or if you pause. You may be able to add the additional programming 'words' by recording to the pronunciation tool.

There are 3rd party tools with more complete dictation features when on Windows XP, and even some of MS's work under the Text
Services Foundation (TSF) is available for Windows XP supports things like feeding in text via macros.

You may want to check with the folks in the MS Desktop Speech discussion group below on this as well.

===========
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...speech.desktop

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader