Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Enders Dave Enders is offline

Default Template

I need to create a Bill of Lading template that will put a consecutive number
in the bill of lading number field each time it is opened. It also should put
today's date in the date field. How would I accomplish these two things?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. Use a DATE or
CREATEDATE field to insert the current date.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dave Enders" wrote in message
I need to create a Bill of Lading template that will put a consecutive
number
in the bill of lading number field each time it is opened. It also should
put
today's date in the date field. How would I accomplish these two things?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dave Enders Dave Enders is offline

I created the template and it works great. The logistics department is very
happy with it. Thanks!

Dave Enders