Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eddiec eddiec is offline

Default right to left booklet

Hi,

I have followed the instructions at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...732991033.aspx
to create a right to left booklet.

Unfortunately when I print the booklet in duplex the reverse page is
upside down.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers,

eddiec :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should be able to set whether duplex documents are horizontally or
vertically duplexed in the printer driver properties.

If your printer accepts PCL commands, you may be able to use a PRINT field.
A PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you to send instructions
directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }

eddiec wrote:
Hi,

I have followed the instructions at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...732991033.aspx
to create a right to left booklet.

Unfortunately when I print the booklet in duplex the reverse page is
upside down.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers,

eddiec :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eddiec eddiec is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

eddiecwrote:
Hi,

I have followed the instructions at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...732991033.aspx
to create a right to left booklet.

Unfortunately when I print the booklet in duplex the reverse page is
upside down.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers,

eddiec:-)- Hide quoted text -

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your advice.

I may not have explained my problem 100%.

The duplex setting for the printer driver is set to long edge - long
edge duplex which is correct becuase this is what I want.

The pages that are printed on the front side of the paper are
correctly displayed, the pages on the reverse side of the paper as it
goes through the printer are rotated 180 degrees.

The issue may be with the way I am creating the duplex.

I have created a custom page size (14.85cm wide x 21cm high). That is
half an A4 page. I am then selecting Page Setup - Multiple Pages -
Reverse Bookfold under page setup.

Help!

eddiec :-)