Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Default Insert File automatically raises e-mail header

I need to insert a file into my Word doc but each time I do so, the e-mail
header is raised. It's subject is the name of the template I'm using for my
document. This happens only on Insert File - I can insert anything else I
choose. Need to be able to turn this off - can't find a setting anywhere.
Any ideas?
--
Barb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmFyYg==?=,

I need to insert a file into my Word doc but each time I do so, the e-mail
header is raised. It's subject is the name of the template I'm using for my
document. This happens only on Insert File - I can insert anything else I
choose. Need to be able to turn this off - can't find a setting anywhere.
Any ideas?

Sounds like a macro may be involved. Best would be to start Word in Safe Mode
and see if the problem persists when all Add-ins are locked out. If you don't
know how to start Word in Safe Mode or need further help, you have to tell us
which version of Word you have.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Thanks Cindy.
I'm using Word 2000, version 9.0.4119 SR-1.
How do you enter Safe Mode? I did disable all the add-ins through
Tools/Templates and Add-Ins, but still had the problem.
--
Barb

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmFyYg==?=,

I need to insert a file into my Word doc but each time I do so, the e-mail
header is raised. It's subject is the name of the template I'm using for my
document. This happens only on Insert File - I can insert anything else I
choose. Need to be able to turn this off - can't find a setting anywhere.
Any ideas?

Sounds like a macro may be involved. Best would be to start Word in Safe Mode
and see if the problem persists when all Add-ins are locked out. If you don't
know how to start Word in Safe Mode or need further help, you have to tell us
which version of Word you have.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmFyYg==?=,

I'm using Word 2000, version 9.0.4119 SR-1.
How do you enter Safe Mode? I did disable all the add-ins through
Tools/Templates and Add-Ins, but still had the problem.

In order to enter Safe Mode with Word 2000

START/Run
Type: winword.exe /a
Then click Run

Word 2000 supports COM-Add-ins, which won't show up in Templates and
Add-ins. In Tools/Customize, under the Tools category, you should
find an entry for COM Add-ins. Drag this into the Tools menu list.
This may or may not show you any COM-Add-ins that are loaded.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb

Thanks, Cindy. This didn't work. I don't have the COM-Add-Ins underTools
Customize, either.
I should tell you that I created a new document and I don't have the problem
with it, so have been able to get around the issue for the moment. However,
I'm sure it will recur, since someone else in the department is now reporting
a similar problem with another document, and not one that we share.
--
Barb

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmFyYg==?=,

I'm using Word 2000, version 9.0.4119 SR-1.
How do you enter Safe Mode? I did disable all the add-ins through
Tools/Templates and Add-Ins, but still had the problem.

In order to enter Safe Mode with Word 2000

START/Run
Type: winword.exe /a
Then click Run

Word 2000 supports COM-Add-ins, which won't show up in Templates and
Add-ins. In Tools/Customize, under the Tools category, you should
find an entry for COM Add-ins. Drag this into the Tools menu list.
This may or may not show you any COM-Add-ins that are loaded.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Barb,

This didn't work. I don't have the COM-Add-Ins underTools
Customize, either.
I should tell you that I created a new document and I don't have the problem
with it, so have been able to get around the issue for the moment. However,
I'm sure it will recur, since someone else in the department is now reporting
a similar problem with another document, and not one that we share.
--

Hmmm. And the new document was created from the same template?

I've never seen what you report, so I'm rather at a loss. If you're using
Outlook as your email program you might try asking in an Outlook group if anyone
there has an idea what's going on.