Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin

Default Omitted sentences in printing

I have used Word for years! A lady of our acquaintance wanted to use it to
do a little work. Somehow, a sentence of hers got an unwanted faint dotted
line under it and when we printed her document the underlined sentence
failed to print. I erased the affected sentence plus some other characters
in the beginning and end. I then retyped the affected sentence and this
time it printed the way it was shown on the screen. What happened and how
do I prevet it from happening again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The dotted underline indicates that the text in question is formatted as
Hidden. Selecting it and pressing Ctrl+Spacebar will remove that formatting
(and any other direct formatting) or she could toggle it off with
Ctrl+Shift+H (the same way it was probably inadvertently applied) or using
the Format Font dialog.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I have used Word for years! A lady of our acquaintance wanted to use it

do a little work. Somehow, a sentence of hers got an unwanted faint

dotted
line under it and when we printed her document the underlined sentence
failed to print. I erased the affected sentence plus some other

characters
in the beginning and end. I then retyped the affected sentence and this
time it printed the way it was shown on the screen. What happened and how
do I prevet it from happening again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin

Thank you! I am using the Microsoft "Ergonomic" keyboard and she kept
hitting the Ctrl key in combination with others which produced all kinds of
snafus!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The dotted underline indicates that the text in question is formatted as
Hidden. Selecting it and pressing Ctrl+Spacebar will remove that
formatting
(and any other direct formatting) or she could toggle it off with
Ctrl+Shift+H (the same way it was probably inadvertently applied) or using
the Format Font dialog.

so
all may benefit.