Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
T. Oliver T. Oliver is offline

Default How do I make a booklet reading from right to left?

Can anyone tell me how I can make a booklet (either by format or by a
printing option) that reads from right to left in Office 2007? It is for a
Jewish ceremony.

I can't find an option or a template that works.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack Jack is offline

I strongly suspect you are going to need a Hebrew version of Office to do
this. I've never had to manipulate Hebrew text, but I do occasionaly receive
Arabic documents, which also read right to left. I try to avoid touching
them. Even moving the cursor key has unpredictable effects (the cursor left
arrow actually moves the cursor to the right, if you see what I mean).
There's no problem printing the documents or doing simple manipulations,
such as integrating these pages into existing documents or even distilling
them to make PDFs, but I haven't managed to do anything clever with them.
Even correcting errors, by copying and pasting letters from elsewhere in the
text is tantalisingly difficult as you're never exactly sure where it's
going to paste!
"T. Oliver" T. wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can make a booklet (either by format or by a
printing option) that reads from right to left in Office 2007? It is for
Jewish ceremony.

I can't find an option or a template that works.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As I understand the question, you need to get the booklet to print out
so that the pages are in the correct order to be folded over and read
from the "back" cover to the "front" cover? (I don't know how Hebrew
books read, sorry--are the pages also turned in the opposite order?)

Assuming it's a short booklet, you should be able to set the printing
options to "two pages per sheet" and in the Page Range box of the Print
dialog, manually enter the page numbers in the order you need them to
come out. Do a dummy copy with pen and paper to figure out the correct
order, and test before printing several copies.

If you just wanted to know how to type in Hebrew with Office 2007--no
clue, try asking in the international features newsgroup or googling.