Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

Default Overwrite selected text

I can't seem to select text and overwrite it. When I select text and start
typing the selected text remains there and the new text just appears in front
of it. If I want to delete the selected text I have to actually press delete
before I type the new text. I am not sure what I have done to cause this. I
thought at first it was the Overtype mode but turning that on/off by pressing
Insert doesn't make a difference to this. Can someone tell me what I need to
do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:37:01 -0700, frustrated
wrote:

I can't seem to select text and overwrite it. When I select text and start
typing the selected text remains there and the new text just appears in front
of it. If I want to delete the selected text I have to actually press delete
before I type the new text. I am not sure what I have done to cause this. I
thought at first it was the Overtype mode but turning that on/off by pressing
Insert doesn't make a difference to this. Can someone tell me what I need to
do?

Tools Options Edit check "Typing replaces selection". If it's Word 2007,
the option is at Office button Word Options Advanced Editing options.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman