jan_h_FPL

Default Upgrading Word templates from Office 97 to Word 2002

I have a software requirement that indicates that Word 2002 SP1 is only
supported on this particular software package level that I am using. The
templates were created on Word 97.

My questions are these:

What do I have to do to upgrade those Word templates? They contain macros,
which we may end up removing and also merge fields.

Additionally the Version of word installed on the desktops are Word 2002
SP3, do you think that will pose a problem?
Word Heretic

G'day jan_h_FPL ,

You will be mostly ok - some VBA methods have changed slightly, but
generally speaking its a pretty seamless upgrade. If everyone is going
through to the new platform, then I would load the templates and Save
As to get any new formats in them.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

jan_h_FPL reckoned:

macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Upgrading word 2002 to word 2003 pro Gameshot911 Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 04 08:23 PM