Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Reinhardt

Default Word to PDF creates new PDF doc with each page break

When our WORD document is converted to a PDF, there are different docs
created for every inserted page break. What should we do differently to
get this to convert to a PDF without splitting into separate docs?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

That sounds like a setting in whatever software you are using to create the
..pdf files, not Word. When you get the Print dialog box, check your
settings. You may have to dig a bit. If that doesn't yield any answers, open
your .pdf creating software and check their Help files. If *that* doesn't
work, check the website for that software.Maybe they have a newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
When our WORD document is converted to a PDF, there are different docs
created for every inserted page break. What should we do differently to
get this to convert to a PDF without splitting into separate docs?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Reinhardt

JoAnn,

Unfortunately, I've not seen this happen myself, I'm trying to help someone
remotely. I may need to go to her place and see exactly what she does in
order to really assist. I agree though, that it's probably a setting in
the PDF writer.

Thanks,
Barb
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
That sounds like a setting in whatever software you are using to create
the .pdf files, not Word. When you get the Print dialog box, check your
settings. You may have to dig a bit. If that doesn't yield any answers,
open your .pdf creating software and check their Help files. If *that*
doesn't work, check the website for that software.Maybe they have a
newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
When our WORD document is converted to a PDF, there are different docs
created for every inserted page break. What should we do differently to
get this to convert to a PDF without splitting into separate docs?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I know the feeling. And usually the person you are trying to help is
phrasing things incorrectly. I've made many "house calls". Oh well - we all
do what we can.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Reinhardt

I asked this question in an ADOBE ACROBAT newsgroup. Apparently, this is a
well known bug of Acrobat on MACs. You need to join the resulting PDF docs
after conversion. What a PITA. Oh well, at least it can be done.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Oh my! You mean a problem that Macs have and PCs don't? I didn't think that
ever happened judging by the comments I've seen/heard. I would have thought
Macs were the perfect computer. (Please read that with a bit of sarcasm.)

I have a suggestion tho. If the issue deals with Word on a Mac, post in the
Office for Mac newsgroup. Some of us have little to no experience on Macs.
(I have a teeny tiny bit - and prefer my PC.)