Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eliza Eliza is offline

Default How do I change the left margin to get the dropdown menu back?

I want to copy files to folders, but the left margin has moved to right
against the left of the screen, so I have lost the drop down menu on the
left. I can't get it back to normal.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RWxpemE=?=,

I want to copy files to folders, but the left margin has moved to right
against the left of the screen, so I have lost the drop down menu on the
left. I can't get it back to normal.

This is just Windows, right? Nothing to do, specifically, with Word?

I'm not 100% sure, from your description, what you're seeing, but does it
help if you rightclick on the Windows Taskbar and choose "Cascade Windows"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if you're describing Windows Explorer, which has nothing to do
with Word, but perhaps I can help. If the "left margin" has actually been
moved, you can move it back: hover your mouse over the divider until it
becomes a double-headed horizontal arrow and drag back to the right. It may
be, however, that you have changed views. If this is the case, look on the
toolbar to see if there is a button for Folders. If it's not turned on,
click on it. If you don't have a button for it, choose View | Explorer Bar |
Folders. This is in Windows 2000, so it may be different in Windows XP or
other versions but should be similar.