Rick

Default how do I draw a verticle line down the middle of my word document.

Please tell me how I put a Line down the middle of my word document ? Thank
You.
Rick.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I draw a verticle line down the middle of my word document.

Hi Rick! Adding a vertical line down the middle of your Word document is actually quite simple. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, open your Word document and go to the page where you want to add the vertical line.
  2. Next, click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. From there, click on the "Shapes" button and select the "Line" option from the drop-down menu.
  4. Click and drag your mouse cursor to draw a line down the middle of your document. You can adjust the length and thickness of the line by clicking and dragging the endpoints and adjusting the line weight in the "Format" tab that appears when the line is selected.
  5. Once you're happy with the appearance of your line, you can position it exactly in the center of your document by using the "Align" tools in the "Format" tab. Click on the line to select it, then click on the "Align Center" button to center it horizontally. To center it vertically, click on the "Align Middle" button.

And that's it! You now have a vertical line down the middle of your Word document.
__________________
tjtjjtjt

Here are two possibilities:

Are you dividing the text into two Columns? If so, when you go into Format |
Columns you can choose to have a line between Columns.

You could also set a Bar Tab at the the center of your document with Format
| Tabs. Be sure to check your margins first.

tj

"Rick" wrote:

Please tell me how I put a Line down the middle of my word document ? Thank
You.
Rick.

A third way is just to use a drawing line. If you want it to appear on every
page, you can anchor it to the header. If you want text divided on either
side of the line, however, you should be using either newspaper-style
columns (with the line between) or a table (with a border set between the
columns).