Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rice004

Default Word doc keeps double spacing even tho I have it set single space

2003 Office Word doc, keeps double spacing even though I have everything set
for single spacing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day Rice,

IF
you have set single spacing
THEN
you have got single spacing - no problems
END IF
:
IF
the lines are short, each with a paragraph marker
AND
the paragraph spacing is greater than one line
THEN
FormatParagraph
AND
Reduce 'Space before' AND reduce 'Space after' (to Zero)
END IF
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Rice004" wrote in message
2003 Office Word doc, keeps double spacing even though I have everything set
for single spacing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

Click Format - Paragraph - set line space to single - and Paragraph Spacing
Before and After to 0. Click the Default button if you want these settings
for every new document.

Hope this info helps you, let us know!

"Rice004" wrote:

2003 Office Word doc, keeps double spacing even though I have everything set
for single spacing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Stop pressing the Enter key at the end of each line. This tells Word that
you want a new paragraph and the spacing before and after paragraphs setting
kicks in rather than the line spacing.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rice004" wrote in message
2003 Office Word doc, keeps double spacing even though I have everything
set
for single spacing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

Default Word doc keeps double spacing even tho I have it set single sp

Extremely sorry. Don't know why thinking of "Default" button in Paragraph
Settings? Could be a suggestion for Microsoft to add a default button in
Paragraph settings. Is in it? Even we can set it in Style & Formatting but a
long procedure. Your comments will highly be apprecaited.

"Rice004" wrote:

2003 Office Word doc, keeps double spacing even though I have everything

set
for single spacing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suppose it could set the paragraph formatting defaults for Normal style
(as the Font dialog does), but I think it would be more confusing than the
font.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no Default... button in the Paragraph dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.